Vion Food Group Call for repeated preventive testing
In addition, the company calls on the Municipal Health Service/Regional Medical Assistance Organisation (GGD GHOR) and the Safety Council to conduct repeated preventive tests of all employees of its meat companies. That way, the company can continue to supply to the Netherlands. Vion will provide all available data on compliance and supervision as regulated by its own corona protocols.
“Following this situation in Groenlo, we call on the Municipal Health Service and NVWA to conduct preventive tests for corona of all our employees of our meat companies and other companies in the industry. Not just once, but repeatedly, so that it is easier to determine who is infected and who is not; to see how the virus develops; to home quarantine infected employees immediately; and to monitor whether the measures have sufficient effect,” says Ronald Lotgerink, CEO Vion Food Group.
The company will explicitly review all measures taken so far and implement improvements where possible. They will do this in close consultation with the Municipal Health Service. Vion will take the following additional measures:
- Risk analysis: the company will wait for the comprehensive results from the Groenlo Municipal Health Service to urgently carry out an additional risk analysis, which may lead to further tightening of the rules.
- Workplace: Vion will extend the working hours even further to reduce the chances of contact between groups of employees even more. They had already implemented this, but are now doing it more widely.
- Transport: these rules will be changed in the sense that larger buses will be made available in locations where problems exist in complying with limits for the number of passengers.
- Home situation: a dedicated Vion team will make an analysis of the living conditions of some of their employees. This will mainly concern the communal living spaces. If problems arise, the company will protect the employees in question and quarantine them at home before providing replacement accommodation.
- Personal hygiene: where necessary, employees in specific workplaces who work closely together will be required to wear face masks.
more about this topic
Vion Food Group More corona infected people