UNITED KINGDOM, London. Total food industry deals for September 2019 worth $1.21bn. were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 75.2% over the previous month and a drop of 58.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.92bn. In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.8% over the last 12-month average with 60 deals against the average of 68 deals. In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $940.9 mill.
The top five food deals accounted for 80.5% of the overall value during September 2019. The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $974.32 mill., against the overall value of $1.21bn. recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals were:
- P/F Bakkafrost Holding’s $641.14 mill. acquisition of The Scottish Salmon
- The $118.63 mill. private equity deal with DFM Foods by Advent International
- Valeo Foods’ $79.84 mill. acquisition of Kettle Foods and Yellow Chips
- The $67.75 mill. acquisition of Freshtime by Greencore Group
- Kras-ESOP and Mesna Industrija Rakitno’s acquisition of Kras for $66.96 mill.
Source: Global Data