Sustainability strategy Tönnies responds to criticism
Clemens Tönnies had already announced last Saturday "We are not going to continue like this". Now concrete decisions by the market leader will follow:
- Abolition of work contracts in all core areas of meat production - direct hiring of these employees into the Tönnies Group of Companies.
- The rapid creation of sufficient and appropriate housing for the employees of the group of companies at the locations.
- Area-wide digital time recording at all German locations of the group of companies.
- Integration programs to strengthen social acceptance at their sites.
- Training and further training programmes with a focus on the employees taken over.
The above-mentioned regulations will be tackled with immediate effect and should, if possible, apply from 1 January 2021. "We want to continue producing meat in Germany in the future. For this we need social acceptance," says Clemens Tönnies. "This applies to all chains of meat production and explicitly includes agriculture."
(Bild: imago images / Revierfoto)
more about this topic
Trade China bans Tönnies