Sustainability Cranswick reports their results against plastic waste
Progressing the work of the Pact as part of their Second Nature sustainability strategy, the company has delivered true action and results against their initial pledge. This progress reaffirms their stated belief that innovation, investment and continued alliances, through initiatives such as The UK Plastics Pact, are key to achieving results.
Committing to working collaboratively to transform the UK plastics packaging sector by 2025 as part of the Pact, other proactive action the company has taken in just the last 12 months includes:
- Eliminating PVC from all packaging
- Investing in machinery to manage the change from non-recycled to recyclable plastics
- Working with stakeholders to include recycling guidelines on pack and are at the start of rolling out changes
- Updating all trays to contain a minimum of 65% recycled content and are in the process of changing trays to be 100% recyclable in the home waste stream
The 21st May was the first anniversary of WRAP’s UK Plastics Pact, an initiative which now has over 100 organisations from across the entire plastics value chain alongside Cranswick as members and supporters.
In signing the Pact, Cranswick pledged to join a global wave of change in the way they make, use, re-use and recycle plastic to deliver against the following targets by 2025:
- Target 1: Take actions to eliminate problematic & unnecessary single use plastic
- Target 2: 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable
- Target 3: 70% of plastic packaging effectively recycled or composted
- Target 4: 30% average recycled content across all plastic packaging