Results Parma ham: Solid growth 2018
70% of the air-dried ham from the Parma region was sold in Italy, the remaining 30% went to over 100 countries. Exports rose slightly compared to 2017 to around 2.6 mill. hams and an estimated turnover of € 280 mill., concentrating both on EU markets (60%) and international markets (40%).
407,000 Parma ham was exported to Germany (+1.7% compared to the previous year), generating sales of around € 37 mill. This puts Germany in second place among EU export countries behind France (470,000 Parma ham / +13 %). The leading export market in 2018 is the USA with 594,000 hams (+3.5%) and a turnover of € 53 mill.