Keywords The IIR and the ASHRAE establish new definitions
The Science and Technology Council of the IIR officially endorsed these new definitions on February 8. To this end, the IIR calls on all national and regional organisations and associations to adopt and disseminate these definitions.
After much discussion, both organisations came to an agreement on the following definitions:
- Removal of heat, usually resulting in a lower temperature and/or phase change.
- Lowering temperature.
- Cooling of a space, substance or system to lower and/or maintain its temperature below the ambient one (removed heat is rejected at a higher temperature).
- Artificial cooling
- Cooling of a substance without freezing it.
- Solidification phase change of a liquid or the liquid content of a substance, usually due to cooling.
5. Cold Chain:
- Series of actions and equipment applied to maintain a product within a specified low-temperature range from harvest/production to consumption.