International FoodTec Award 2018 Now open for nominations
Anuga FoodTec 2018 is held 20 to 23 March 2018 in Cologne. Nomination deadline is 19 June 2017.
The International FoodTec Award from DLG and its partners recognises ground-breaking developments in innovation, sustainability and efficiency in the food technology sector. An international panel of experts from research and academia as well as representatives from the field selects the most innovative concepts.
The International FoodTec Award 2018 will be presented in the form of gold and silver medals. Gold medals are awarded to products with a new concept in which the function has significantly changed and the use of which gives rise to a new process or materially improves an existing process. Silver medals are awarded to existing products which have been developed to such an extent that a substantial improvement in their function and the process is achieved.
Innovations may be submitted from the following areas: process technology including measuring, control and regulating technology, automation and robotics, filling and packaging, environmental, biotechnology, process management including software solutions, logistics, food safety and quality management.
DLG has awarded the technology prize in cooperation with the following partner organisations and trade media since 1994:
• EFFoST (European Federation of Food Science and Technology)
• Anuga FoodTec
• “Fleischwirtschaft” and “Fleischwirtschaft international” (Deutscher Fachverlag)
• “European Dairy Magazine” and “Die Milchwirtschaft” (Verlag Th. Mann)
• “FOOD Lab – Qualitätsmanagement, Analytik und Nachhaltigkeit” (Bücker Fachverlag)
• “DLG-Lebensmittel” (DLG-Verlag)
• “Lebensmitteltechnik” (LT Food Medien-Verlag)
The winners are selected by a an international jury of distinguished experts from different fields:
• Dr. Ir. C.D. (Kees) de Gooijer, Food & Nutrition Delta, Wageningen (Netherlands)
• Prof. Antonio Delgado, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany)
• Prof. Michael Doßmann, Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences, Weidenbach(Germany)
• Prof. Michael Gänzle, University of Alberta, Edmonton (Canada)
• Prof. Tilo Hühn, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Wädenswil (Switzerland)
• Prof. Henry Jäger, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (Austria)
• Prof. Alexander Kolesnov, Moscow State University of Food Production MGUPP (Russia)
• Prof. Horst-Christian Langowski, Fraunhofer, Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging, Freising-Weihenstephan (Germany)
• Prof. Helmy T. Omran, Suez Canal University, Ismailia (Egypt)
• Prof. Heike Schuchmann, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe (Germany)
• Prof. Achim Stiebing, Ostwestfalen Lippe University of Applied Sciences, Lemgo (Germany)
• Prof. Jochen Weiss, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart (Germany).