IIR The refrigeration world meets in Canada
Taking place in a different country and continent each time, the IIR International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR) is a unique opportunity for researchers and engineers from all over the world, and from all refrigeration sectors and technologies to meet, exchange and publish the results of their research.
The congresses are at the heart of the IIR’s activities, and it was on the occasion of its first congress in 1908 that the IIR was created.
These congresses bring together over a thousand people from a wide variety of disciplines who are interested in the evolution of technologies, research, and markets in all fields of refrigeration. The last ICR took place in Yokohama, Japan in August 2015.
It is already time for companies involved in the refrigeration sector to sponsor this event. Call for abstracts will open in January 2018.
During the ICR, the IIR presents a series of prestigious academic and scientific awards to recognise those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of refrigeration or have completed noteworthy research. In 2019, these awards will comprise:
• IIR Gustav Lorentzen Medal
• IIR Science And Technology Medal
• IIR Medal of Merit
• IIR Young Researchers Awards:
• Peter Kapitza Award (Cryophysics)
• Carl von Linde Award (Cryogenic Engineering)
• Sadi Carnot Award (Thermodynamics)
• James Joule Award (Systems and Equipment for Refrigeration)
• Alexis Carrel Award (Cryobiology, Cryomedicine)
• Clarence Birdseye Award (Food Science and Engineering)
• James Harrison Award (Refrigerated Storage and Transport)
• Willis H. Carrier Award (Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps)
• IIR Student Competition
Information on conditions and how to apply for these awards will be provided at a later date.