IIR Registration is now open for the Congress 2019
With over 1,000 abstracts selected covering all fields of refrigeration, the 25th International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR 2019) is expected to surpass the success of previous congresses, and will be a unique opportunity for researchers and engineers from all over the world to meet, exchange and publish the results of their research.
This is a good opportunity to join key decision makers, engineers and upcoming talents at the refrigeration event of the year.
First held in 1908 and now a well-established international event, ICR 2019 will provide, among others, the ideal platform to take stock of the historic Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol, which entered into force in January this year, and is set to bring about a global phase-down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs).
At ICR 2019 a dynamic programme of over 900 quality technical and scientific presentations, 16 keynotes, 10 industry focused workshops, 10 IIR Working Group meetings, 4 technical tours and numerous networking events is expected. And if that wasn't enough, a series of prestigious academic and scientific awards will also be presented at the congress in order to recognise those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of refrigeration or who have completed noteworthy research. At ICR 2019, these awards will include:
• IIR Medal of Merit
• IIR Gustav Lorentzen Medal
• IIR Science And Technology Medal
• IIR Young Researchers Awards:
• Carl von Linde Award (Cryogenic Engineering)
• Sadi Carnot Award (Thermodynamics)
• James Joule Award (Systems and Equipment for Refrigeration)
• Clarence Birdseye Award (Food Science and Engineering)
• James Harrison Award (Refrigerated Storage and Transport)
• Willis H. Carrier Award (Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps)
• IIR Student Competition
With the 25th International Congress of Refrigeration just around the corner, the year 2019 is going to be a very special one for researchers, students, experts and all those involved in the field of refrigeration.