FRANCE, Paris. The 25th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration (ICR) will take place in Montreal, Canada from 24-30 August, 2019, under the theme of “Refrigeration for Human Health and Future Prosperity”.
The scientific and industry communities of Canada and the United States will proudly host this Congress and take this unique opportunity to invite international colleagues to come present their latest product development and research, both theoretically and experimentally, in all areas of refrigeration, air conditioning, and sustainable building.
Endorsed by Ashrae, ICR 2019 will focus on the current issues we are all facing today, as energy saving and efficiency, food supply, health, reduction of global warming and the protection of the ozone layer.
The call for nominations for the ICR 2019 Scientific Prizes has now been launched. The series of prestigious academic and scientific awards recognise those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of refrigeration or have completed noteworthy research. In 2019, these awards will comprise:
• IIR Gustav Lorentzen Medal
• IIR Science And Technology Medal
• IIR Young Researchers Awards:
• Peter Kapitza Award (Cryophysics)
• Carl von Linde Award (Cryogenic Engineering)
• Sadi Carnot Award (Thermodynamics)
• James Joule Award (Systems and Equipment for Refrigeration)
• Alexis Carrel Award (Cryobiology, Cryomedicine)
• Clarence Birdseye Award (Food Science and Engineering)
• James Harrison Award (Refrigerated Storage and Transport)
• Willis H. Carrier Award (Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps)
Deadline for nominations is 30 April, 2018. Call for abstracts ends 28 June, 2018.