GERMANY, Frankfurt. The DLG (German Agricultural Society), together with its trade partners, has announced the winners of the International FoodTec Award 2021.
This year, the prestigious technology prize will be awarded to 20 innovation projects from the international food and supplier industry. This has now been announced by the DLG. Accordingly, five innovations have received the International FoodTec Award in gold, while 15 have been awarded a silver medal. A brief presentation of the winners and their innovations will take place on February 23, 2021, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. as part of a digital information event.
With the International FoodTec Award, the DLG and its expert partners honor groundbreaking developments in terms of innovation, sustainability and efficiency in the field of food technology. An international jury of experts from the fields of research and teaching as well as representatives from the field selects the most advanced concepts.
The prize, which is awarded every three years, is presented in the form of gold and silver medals. Gold medals are awarded to products with a new concept, in which the function has been decisively changed and whose use makes a new process possible or significantly improves a known process. Silver medals go to products that have been further developed in such a way that a significant improvement in function or process is achieved as a result.
Award winners and their innovations:
International FoodTec Award 2021 in Gold
- Seydelmann Ohmic Systems - Seyos GmbH, Aalen, Germany: Ohmic heating of meat and sausage products
- Kuchenmeister GmbH, Soest, Germany: Multivariable baking process - baking oven with combined heat transfer
- Alpma Alpenland Maschinenbau GmbH, Rott am Inn, Germany: Butter packaging with the fresh seal
- Hiperbaric SAU, Burgos, Spain: Hiperbaric HPP In-Bulk Technology
- Allgaier Process Technology GmbH, Uhingen, Germany: Allgaier contact disc dryer type CDry food
International FoodTec Award 2021 in silver
- Albert Handtmann Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG, Biberach a. d. Riß, Germany: All-in-one forming and cutting system FS 525
- CSB-System AG, Geilenkirchen, Germany: The CSB Jamboflash: Artificial Intelligence for Raw Ham Quality Control
- K+G Wetter GmbH, Biedenkopf-Breidenstein, Germany: Vacuum Industry VCM 360 and VCM 550 Hygenic secure
- Mado GmbH, Dornhan, Germany: Finger Protection System (FPS)
- Maschinenfabrik Seydelmann KG, Stuttgart, Germany: RFID cutting set query
- Peerox GmbH, Dresden, Germany: Self-learning assistance system for machine operators
- Vemag Maschinenbau GmbH, Verden/Aller, Germany: Vemag LL335 Universal solution for automatic grouping and packing of fresh sausages in trays
- GEA Westfalia Separator Group GmbH, Oelde, Germany: Ideal Whey Separation
- Krones AG, Neutraubling, Germany: Aseptic dosing for very small quantities
- Optima consumer GmbH, Schwäbisch Hall, Germany: EGS: Development of a novel system for evacuating, gassing and sealing baby milk powder containers
- Plasmion GmbH, Augsburg, Germany: Sicrit - novel ionization technology for real-time analysis
- StarVac Systems GmbH, Kandern, Germany/Australia: Jupiter 445 High Speed Vacuum Packaging machine
- Tropical Food Machinery SRL, Busseto/Parma, Italy: Cerere 6000, The New TFM Automatic Banana Peeler
- Habasit International AG, Reinach, Switzerland: The innovative Habasit Super HyClean Modular Belt
- Storr GmbH, Stadtlohn, Germany: Food Distriwall
Source: fleischwirtschaft.de / DLG