DLG Start for the International FoodTec Award 2021
The renowned technology prize recognises ground-breaking innovations from companies in the food and supply industry. The award ceremony will take place in Cologne as part of Anuga FoodTec (23 to 26 March 2021), the international trade fair for suppliers to the food and beverage industry. The closing date for registration for the International FoodTec Award is 17 June 2020. All the information about the award and participation in the competition can be found on the website www.foodtecaward.com
The International FoodTec Award from DLG and its partners recognises ground-breaking developments in innovation, sustainability and efficiency in the food technology sector. An international panel of experts from research and academia as well as representatives from the field select the most innovative concepts.
Gold and silver medalsInnovations may be submitted form the following areas: process technology including meas-uring, control and regulating technology, automation and robotics, filling and packaging tech-nology, environmental technology, biotechnology, process management including software solutions, logistics, food safety and quality management.
The International FoodTec Award 2021 is presented in form of gold and silver medals. Products with a new concept in which the function has been crucially altered and the use of which allows a new process or which substantially improves a known process will be awarded a gold medal. Products in which a known product has been developed to such an extent that a substantial improvement in the function and the process is achieved will be awarded a silver medal.
Partner organisations and jury of expertsDLG has awarded the technology prize in cooperation with the following partner organisations and trade media since 1994:
- EFFoST (European Federation of Food Science and Technology)
- Anuga FoodTec
- “FLEISCHWIRTSCHAFT” and “FLEISCHWIRTSCHAFT international” (dfv media group )
- “European Dairy Magazine” and “Die Milchwirtschaft” (Verlag Th. Mann)
- “DLG-Lebensmittel” (DLG-Verlag)
- “Lebensmitteltechnik” (LT Food Medien-Verlag).
The winners are selected by an international jury of distinguished experts from different fields:
- Prof. Dr. Katharina Riehn, University of Applied Sciences of Hamburg (Germany)
- Prof. Antonio Delgado, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Doßmann, Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences, Weidenbach (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Gänzle, University of Alberta, Edmonton (Canada),
- Prof. Dr. Tilo Hühn, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Wädenswil (Switzerland)
- Prof. Dr. Henry Jäger, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (Austria)
- Dr. Alexander Kolesnov, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moskow (Russia)
- Prof. Dr. Horst-Christian Langowski, Technical University of Munich / Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging IVV, Freising (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Helmy T. Omran, Suez Canal University, Ismailia (Egypt)
- Prof. Dr. Achim Stiebing, Ostwestfalen Lippe University of Applied Sciences, Lemgo (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Markus Stieger, Wageningen University & Research (Netherlands)
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Vogel-Heuser, Technical University of Munich, Automation and Information-Systems (Germany)
- Dr. Tobias Voigt, Technical University of Munich / Industrievereinigung für Lebensmitteltechnologie und Verpackung e.V., Freising (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Jochen Weiss, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart (Germany)