Changes HKScan introduces new operating model
The composition of HKScan Management Team and extended responsibilities as of 1 January 2020:
- CEO Tero Hemmilä,
- EVP, Business Unit Finland Jari Leija,
- EVP, Business Unit Sweden Denis Mattsson,
- EVP, Business Unit Baltics Anne Mere,
- EVP, Business Unit Denmark Jukka Nikkinen,
- CFO Jyrki Paappa,
- EVP, Administration Markku Suvanto,
- EVP, Export, import and meat balance Juha Ruohola, and
- EVP, Strategic business development and investments Mika Koskinen.
HKScan has completed the country-specific preparation processes initiated in October concerning the new Group-wide operating model. In line with its new operating model, the company will move from a matrix organization to country-based Business Unit level P&L management where Finland, Sweden, the Baltics and Denmark form the reporting units.
Boosting efficiency in Finland
The company also negotiated to streamline its operations in Finland. As a result of the statutory negotiations, a total of eight employments will be terminated in the Finnish operations, due to the partial organizational change and efficiency measures. Most of the personnel impacts estimated at the beginning of the negotiations will be addressed through reorganization of tasks. In addition, the number of employees of the beef units in Outokumpu and Paimio will be adjusted to the market situation through temporary layoffs at dates specified in 2020.