Three shops selling pork materials sealed off

by Editor fleischwirtschaft.com
Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Three commercial shops selling foodstuffs containing pork materials and lard have been sealed off by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in Kuwait, according to the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).

The Ministry’s observer for the capital Governorate Faisal Al-Ansari told reporterst following the closure of one of the shops in Shuwaikh that this step came in implementation of the decision of the Minister of Commerce and Industry Anas Al-Saleh which stated that any shop that sells foodstuffs incompatible with the Islamic sharia shall be closed and fined.

He added that the shops would be closed till a verdict had been issued.

For his part, the head of the emergency team at the hotline service center of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry Walid Khaled Malallah said the amount of food that included bacon and lard was approximately 60,735 kg, stressing that these foodstuffs had been confiscated and had not reached the consumers.

Malallah told KUNA that the company which imported these nutrients had been sealed off for trying to sell 1,688 out of 6,300 cartons (each weighing 8.5 kg) to a number of distributors before the completion of the second laboratory testing from the Ministry of Health which showed a mixture of chicken with pork fat.
stats